Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Art

These are some of my latest artwork. These first ones I did for my Young Women's Divine Nature 10-hour project. The pictures didn't take long enough to do, so, I ended up doing 10 of them total for the project.This first one is a picture of the Tree of Life in 1 Nephi of the Book of Mormon. My sister, Rachel, had the idea that I make the fruit on the tree be pears, so that's what they are. I decided since I needed to do so many to fulfill the time for the project, I'd give some of them to others. This one I gave to Rachel, since she suggested the pears in the first place.This next one is just of a body of water with a sunset in the background.
This one is another one of the Tree of Life. I didn't want to attempt to do pears this time, so I just did circles, but I have a sunset in the background. This one of the Tree of Life is the one I kept. I wanted to have a sunset in the background of mine, because I like the look of them so much (in case, you can't tell from most of my pastel pictures).This one is just a plateau with a sunset in the back. This is another one I kept.This one is yet another of the tree of life. This one I gave to my sister, Sara. She also wanted a copy of the tree of life.This is a picture of a path going between two trees and leading into the sunset. Yet another one I kept.This one is of two hills with a sunset in the background. This one Mom wanted to have, so I gave it to her.This is another of the Tree of Life. This one I also gave to Mom. She had liked the idea of using pears, so she wanted pears on the one I gave her.This one is just of grass with a sunset in the background.This one is not one of my Divine Nature project. It's a pastel picture I did, quite a bit after the other pastels. This one is another portrayal about the Iron Rod leading to the Tree of Life. In the Book of Mormon, it tells about a mist of darkness and lightening. So, that's what I portrayed in this one. You can also clearly see where the Iron Rod is in this picture.This is a drawing I did for my 9th grade Art class. My teacher gave each of us a tiny picture of a house in Bismarck that we had to enlarge with what's called the grid system. With the grid system, you lightly draw a grid on a picture you are going to enlarge and then you draw a larger grid on a blank sheet of paper and go from there. Here are my most recent pictures that I've done. I used this same grid system to enlarge that I really enjoyed when I drew this picture in the 9th grade (which I got an A on).Here's the first picture I tried. I printed this picture out in black and white and used the grid sytem to draw it. It's a picture of the Bismarck, North Dakota Temple. I was quite happy with how it turned out. Several people that I've shown it to, have complimented me on how real it looks. Someone even told me they thought it was a photo at first.
This one I tried is of my sister, Rachel's cat, Gizmo. I gave this one to her for Christmas after she got back from her mission in Russia.
This picture is of our cat, Cougar, who died in the fire that we had in our house 5 years ago. I'm amazed at how well it turned out. The drawing actually looks like he's actually giving me a sideways glance.
This last picture is of our dog, Sugar, who died from cancer of the blood quite unexpectedly while Rachel was on her mission. All of these pictures I printed out in black and white, so I could use the grid system to enlarge them properly.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I really enjoyed looking at your blog Elizabeth! Thank you for sharing. Sister Danielson