Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Years and Leaving

On New Years Eve, Rachel, Sara, and I went over our cousins', Betsy and Adam McGee's, home. They along with our cousins Katie and Josh and Brittany were there. Rachel, Sara, and I took a bunch of games for us to play, including 8 decks of playing cards. We took 8 decks of cards so that we'd be able to play the game, Nertz, which we played first. It was really fun playing it with 7 players. After that we played Disney Scene It 2nd Edition. Then, we played Apples to Apples, and then Rachel's game called Bang! I think that Bang! would probably have gone better if everyone hadn't been so tired, plus Rachel, Sara, and I didn't remember how to play it too well because we hadn't played it in so long.

On January 1st, Rachel, Sara, and I went up to West Jordan for New Years dinner (although it was more of a lunch because Becky had to go to work. After dinner, we went downstairs and played the Wii Bowling game again. After a couple of games Aunt Linda and Uncle Darryl joined us and we switched who played. It was pretty interesting when Aunt Linda got more excited or upset (depending on what I got) than I did. At around 8 pm, we went up to eat something and then Rachel, Sara, and I left for Orem.

The next day, I went to the bus depot around 4 pm. Then, I got on the bus to Salt Lake. The buses were running on time until I got to Butte. I was only supposed to be waiting there for 9 hours, instead I was stuck in Butte for 16 hours. After I got to Billings, I has missed the bus I was going to be atking because I was stuck in Butte. So, instead of an hour wait, I had a 6 hour wait. I finally got back to Bismarck around 5 pm Sunday, January 4, 2009, 13 hours after I was supposed to. A few hours after getting back Dad and his wife left for one of Dad's working trips, leaving me until the following Friday to fend for myself.

No comments: