Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Trip to Utah

A few days ago on Thursday, August 13th, Rachel and I bought some snacks for a trip to Utah. There was a family reunion this weekend. We arrived in the Provo-Orem area around 2:30 am on Friday. After driving from Bismarck beginning at 11:30 am. We had a few place to go Friday morning, Rachel needed a carrier for Gizmo.

Then, around 10:55 am, I went for a walk, to the Orem Distribution Center where I wanted to see about replacing the August 2008 New Era and Ensign that Dad lost while I was in Utah last summer. They didn't have it but I got the other books I wanted added to my collection. I bought The Book of Mormon (missionary edition, in English and French; I already have it in Spanish); The Children's Songbook (in English and Spanish, I already have it in French; I also have the Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in English, French, and Spanish), and The Children's Songbook cds (in Spanish; I already them in English, French, and Japanese). Then, I went next door to Deseret Book and wrote down prices of possible things to get and I walked across the street to Seagull Book. There, I ended up buying the DVDs: American Mormon, American Mormon in Europe, Beauty and the Beast: A Latter Day Tale, Return with Honor, Pride and Prejudice (LDS version), Mormon Myth-ellaneous, and One Man's Treasure there. I also bought the CDs: Musical Journey Through the Book of Mormon (children's songs), Every Breath (Jenny Phillips), Whispered Visions (Chris Heimerdinger), Light Keepers (Jenny Phillips), and Safety of His Arms (Lauri Carrigan). I also bought A Banner Is Unfurled #3, Samuel #3, a C S Lewis Journal, and 3 note pads that can go on the fridge for our shopping list. After that I went back to Deseret Book because there were a couple of CDs there that I really wanted that Seagull Book didn't have. There, I bought the DVD Rigoletto and the CDs: LDS Scripture Rock:Book of Mormon (CD/DVD combo) and LDS Scripture Rock: New Testament (CD/DVD combo). I already had the CDs for the Old Testament and the Doctrine and Covenants.

Later, we went up to where the family reunion would be. And we stayed until Saturday evening when we drove back to Orem.

No comments: